Peter Dench - Biography
Shop Peter's exclusive collection, A1:Britain On The Verge HERE.
Peter Dench is a UK-based photographer, videographer, presenter, writer, author and curator. He is a keen and astute observer of human nature who gravitates toward the quirkier aspects of life.
Dench’s distinctive style easily lends itself to commercial assignments for global brands such as Ford, Canon, Coca-Cola, Weetabix, Barclays Wealth and Barclaycard.
'Football’s Hidden Story', was a FIFA sponsored project comprising 26 stories across 20 different countries, documenting the positive impact of football. This project received six global accolades. Another project, 'Drinking of England', achieved a World Press Photo award in the People In The News category.
- 'Trans-Siberian World Cup' at the After Nyne Gallery, London UK.
- 'A1: Britain on the Verge' at the Art Bermondsey Project Space, London UK (the collection featured on this website).
- 'Dench does Dallas', at the Art Bermondsey Project Space, London UK.
- 'The British Abroad' at the Photo Reporter Festival, France.
- E'ngland Uncensored' at the Visa Pour L’image Festival of Photojournalism in France.
- Periscopio Festival, Spain.
Peter's books include:
- The Dench Dozen: Great Britons of Photography (2016).
- Dench Does Dallas (2015).
- The British Abroad (2015).
- Alcohol & England (2014).
- England Uncensored (2012), which was a Pictures of the Year International photography book award finalist.
Peter's written contributions include commissions for The New Yorker, The Daily Telegraph magazine and a number of photography journals.
TV credits include: 'What is it to be English?' and 'Brexit Leavers’ Voices' for Channel 4. Peter has featured several on the BBC website on several occasions, amassing several million page views. Click HERE to see the BBC's feature on A1: Britain on the Verge.
Peter is a visionary for Olympus cameras and is represented globally at Getty Images.